Hey Mamas! I love making outfits interesting by adding layers. There are so many pieces in this outfit that add interest and make it look “layered”.
1. This bright and fun floral top from Denver Street Boutique is a new favorite of mine! It’s so fun and girly. And of course, I’m a sucker for all blues!!
2. Distressed denim from Shop Blume. These boyfriend fit jeans are so comfortable. And the distressed element gives it another layer and added interest.
3. This necklace from Beloved and Beautiful is an unexpected color with the top I’m wearing. I love mixing colors and patterns in outfits. Putting things together that you wouldn’t expect. I think a lot of people worry about things “matching” or “going” together. But I think it’s way more fun to put things together that some may think clash. Like this light turquoise necklace with the royal blue in my top. Added bonus: This company support victims from trafficking. Everything made in this shop is by survivors of trafficking and they are supported by us with every purchase. I love this necklace and feel honored to support such an amazing cause and company! I would love for you to check out there site and support these talented women.
4. This light jacket is SO cute. It’s actually a maternity jacket and I saw it when I recently went shopping for more nursing bras. It’s perfect for nursing and so, so comfortable. I have worn in every day since I purchased it! LOL The color goes with everything. I seriously love this jacket and will continue to wear it even when I’m not nursing! I also love that it curves up in the back.
5. This sparkly clutch from Denver Street Boutique caught my eye the second I stepped on the truck! (Denver Street Boutique is a fashion truck and it’s so adorable!) I don’t have any hard shell clutches and now they might be my new favorite. It’s the perfect size for a night out and the sequins make my day. Again, those sequins and texture on the clutch just add interest.
6. These heels are so flattering. I think the strap across the top of the foot is so interesting and different then a basic nude heel. Every time I bust these out I feel so fancy. LOL But… If you wanted to wear this outfit out with kids, you could easily switch the heels out for a cute flat or bootie.
7. This ring from Harper Made is so freaking cute. I love it and the color just brightens my day! I’m also loving midi rings and this one came in a 5 pack from Target. All these little pops of colors and added rings make the outfit look a little less plain and add pow.
8. And finally, I’m loving braids. I am still dealing with a lot of hair breakage and braids are an easy way to hide those for now. Doing something to your hair always adds interest to outfits. Instead of just wearing it down, mixing it up just makes things more fun! Plus, braids are quick and easy (and can help you get away with one more day before washing!).
These are simple ways I add interest to outfits! If I had my hair down, a plain blue T on (without this floral print), no jacket, no rings, plain flats, no necklace and plain dark denim and no clutch… It would make this way less interesting. To be honest, what I just mentioned is what I wear most days!! Ha! So it’s fun to get dressed up and feel cute when going out for girls night, on a date with your hubby or to church. Other fun layers I like to play with is pops of fun lipstick and nail polish. I love mixing those up just because!
Tomboy denim from Shop Blume.
Loving this white distressed jean for spring and summer!
My pink ring was purchased at Denver Street Boutique on the truck. She carries the best stuff!! She carries this ring made by Harper Made. You can check it out HERE.
Loving this dress!
Similar midi rings here. I’m loving midi rings!
Obsessed with THESE heels – also on sale!
My exact necklace from Beloved and Beautiful HERE.
Hope you guys are having a great day! Thanks so much for reading along. Would love to know your favorite ways to add layers and interest to outfits!